The Respect Life Apostolate offers an unpaid summer internship opportunity in June and July. The internship will be approx. 16 hours/week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). Internships are available to rising high school seniors and college students.
Intern responsibilities may include:
- Engaging in program and event planning,
- Drafting pro-life articles for RLA publications,
- Contributing to web and social media efforts,
- Conducting topical pro-life research, and
- Assisting with general office administration.
Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to gain experience working in pro-life, non-profit ministry in an Archdiocesan office setting and network with pro-life leaders.
Applications are accepted beginning in February and will be considered on a rolling basis until all spots are filled.
Reflecting on their Respect Life internship experience, prior interns have commented:
- “I learned so much about myself, what it means to be pro-life, and how I can contribute to the fight for life. I was challenged to do the best work I could, while being supported by a great staff. Working with passionate, hardworking people in such an encouraging, Catholic environment has been invaluable to me and will surely be beneficial to me throughout my college experience and beyond. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity and could not imagine spending my summer elsewhere.” – Lauren
- “The most important lessons I will take away from the internship cannot be pinned down onto paper. These are the intangible lessons that keep holding me tightly to the pro-life world.” – Sarah
- “This experience has allowed me to grow in my Catholic faith by showing me all the different ways that I can personally become more involved in the pro-life movement. I realized that my pro-life work does in fact have visible and definite results, and this internship has given me hope for the future.” – Tim